When the At-Fault Driver’s Insurance Provider Calls
You’ve been injured by another driver’s negligence, and as a result, you will be hearing from their insurance provider. The insurance company will be very interested in everything you have to say and is skilled at obtaining statements that they use to diminish claims. Before you speak with the insurance company, consult with an experienced Beverly Hills car accident attorney.
You Aren’t Required to Make a Statement
There is no legal requirement that you make a statement to the at-fault driver’s insurance provider, but this does not mean that they won’t attempt to cull a statement from you. The best path forward is leaving the insurance company in the capable hands of your trusted Beverly Hills car accident attorney.
If You Choose to Speak
If you do choose to make a statement to the insurance company, keep all the following in mind:
- Do not say you’re fine, and do not comment on your injuries. Simply let the person interviewing you know that you are receiving the medical treatment you need and that they’ll be updated through your attorney.
- Succinctly answer only the questions that are put to you – there is no need to volunteer information.
- Stick strictly to the facts involved without providing any opinions, guesses, or estimates.
- Provide honest responses that are not exaggerations.
- Do not allow your statement to be recorded.
- Write down your interviewer’s name and contact information, and take notes as you go.
Make the Call to an Experienced Beverly Hills Car Accident Attorney Today
The well-respected Beverly Hills car accident attorneys at Jalilvand Law are prepared to harness the full force of their experience in focused pursuit of your claim’s most favorable resolution. Learn more by contacting or calling us at 310.478.5800 today.