Risks of Boat Accidents
Boat accidents are basically traffic accidents that occur on the water, and in the process, there are some additional dangers thrown in. If someone else’s negligence causes you to be injured in a boat accident, an experienced Beverly Hills boat accident attorney is on your side and well prepared to help.
The Additional Risk Factors
When you are on a boat, the last thing you want to do is worry about the danger involved, but the truth is that there are considerable risk factors – in addition to all the risks normally associated with traffic accidents. Consider the following:
- Boats generally don’t have the safety restraints that other motor vehicles do, including seat belts and airbags for every passenger.
- When you are on a boat, you likely have no idea how seaworthy the vessel is, and if the owner fails to maintain it to the required safety standards, it increases the risk to you.
- Boat accidents include the all-too-real risk of drowning.
- Waterways are less well-regulated than the roads we drive on are, which means that the operator manning your boat has to be even more vigilant when it comes to proceeding safely.
- The party atmosphere that some boats often promote can tempt boat operators to join in, which can prove exceptionally dangerous.
Yes, boats are fun and useful for many people for work and play, but they also come with increased risk factors.
It’s Time to Consult with an Experienced Beverly Hills Boat Accident Attorney
If someone else’s negligence leaves you injured in a boat accident, the seasoned Beverly Hills boat accident attorneys at Jalilvand Law understand the gravity of your situation and are well positioned to help. Your claim is important, and our dedicated legal team is standing by to help – so please contact us online to set up your free consultation today.