Excess Speed Is a Deadly Driving Practice
Of all the dangerous driving practices out there – and there are plenty – excess speed is the deadliest of all. The statistics routinely find that speed kills, and motorists who fail to maintain safe speeds put everyone on our roadways at increased risk. If you’ve been harmed by a speeding motorist, reach out to an experienced Beverly Hills car accident lawyer today.
The Sobering Statistics
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) shares all the following speed-related statistics:
- In 2020 alone, 11,258 people were killed by speeding motorists.
- For more than 20 years, excess speed has played a role in about one out of every three fatal traffic accidents.
- In 2020, excess speed featured in 29 percent of all fatal traffic accidents.
Excess speed is exceptionally dangerous and often proves deadly.
As Speed Increases, So Does Risk
As one’s speed rises, risk factors rise in all the following ways:
- Excess speed increases the severity of the crash and resulting injuries
- Excess speed increases the chance that the motorist will lose control of his or her vehicle.
- Excess speed increases the distance required to stop safely.
- Excess speed reduces the effectiveness of occupant protection equipment, such as airbags and seat belts.
- Excess speed increases the overall cost of ensuing accidents and increases the overall cost of driving (in terms of fuel consumption and repairs).
An Experienced Beverly Hills Car Accident Lawyer Is Standing by to Help
The focused Beverly Hills car accident lawyers at Jalilvand Law have the experience, drive, and compassion to knowledgeably advocate for your claim’s optimal outcome – and your most complete recovery. We’re on your side and here to help, so please don’t put off contacting or calling us at 310.478.5800 for more information today.