CAUSES OF HEAD-ON COLLISIONS
Head-on collisions are among the most dangerous motor vehicle accidents. In many instances, victims sustain extremely serious injuries. Head-on collisions do not occur in the absence of negligence by at least one driver, which means that injured victims can typically recover compensation. If you have been involved in any type of accident, you should contact our office today to speak with a Beverly Hills car accident attorney.
Most Common Causes Of Head-On Collisions
The underlying causes of head-on collisions are similar to other car accidents. Here are the leading reasons for these wrecks:
- Distracted driving: Talking on a cell phone and texting are some of the most dangerous distracted driving practices that drivers engage in on California’s streets and highways. Eating and drinking, looking at a text, putting on makeup, or even adjusting instrument controls are other activities that can cause a driver not to realize that he has crossed the center lane. By the time a distracted driver realizes his or her car has strayed into the oncoming opposite lane, it can often be too late, and it is not always possible for other cars to swerve and avoid these negligent drivers.
- Intoxication: While the dangers of driving when drunk or on illicit substances are well known, many motorists ignore the risks and drive anyway. Intoxication impairs driving skills in many ways and can lead to a driver making tragic mistakes that can result in a head-on collision.
- Driving the wrong way: Some of the most tragic head-on collisions are caused when a motorist gets confused and drives the wrong way on a one-way street, highway entrance or exit ramp, or highway. In many cases, these accidents involve intoxicated drivers.
- Fatigue: If a driver is fighting to stay awake or falls asleep while driving, he can drift into oncoming traffic without even realizing it until the collision wakes him or her up.
- Speeding around curves & blind corners: Speeding around curves is dangerous and can cause a driver to lose control of his vehicle and veer over the center lane.
Schedule a Consultation with a Beverly Hills Head-On Collision Lawyer
If you’ve been in a head-on collision in the Beverly Hills area, contact Jalilvand Law to assist you in pursuing your legal claim. We have a dedicated team of attorneys who know how to get victims the compensation they deserve. Contact us today, either online or by calling 310.478.5800.