What To Do After a Motorcycle Crash?

What To Do After a Motorcycle Crash?

What To Do After a Motorcycle Crash?

In California last year, there were 16,504 motorcycle accidents reported, causing 15,527 injuries. When you are involved in a motorcycle crash, what to do next is key to resolving the incident as favorably as possible. Thus, it is crucial to know exactly what to do after getting into a motorcycle accident.

An injured motorist should first call emergency responders and seek any medical attention they may need. It is important that they report all possible injuries they may have sustained during the accident to those responding to the scene. Getting a diagnosis right away not only helps your physical health, but will be useful for a future injury claim should you need to file one.

It is important not only to report any injuries you may be experiencing but also to seek prompt medical attention to address them. If you decide to pursue a cause of action against the other driver, the opposing party will look to see whether or not you took measures to mitigate the damages suffered as a result of the accident, and it is important that you take steps to ensure your well-being and minimize the potential threats to your health.

Another important note is that you should never make statements to insurance adjusters or anyone involved in the claim process from the accident. That is a job for your attorney or something you should at least consult with your attorney about before speaking to anyone.

Finally, it is important to obtain a copy of the police report from your accident for your claim. This can provide the evidence necessary to substantiate your claim against the other driver or their insurance company, and your lawyer can help obtain this kind of evidence.

Speak with a Beverly Hills Motorcycle Accident Attorney

At Jalilvand Law, we are experienced Beverly Hills motorcycle accident lawyers who help victims receive the compensation they are entitled to for their injuries. Contact us today, either online or by phone at 310.478.5800.