Pedestrians are the most vulnerable victims of traffic accidents, and pedestrian accidents are on the rise. Making safety your top priority when you’re on foot is your only means of protection, and if you or someone you love is injured by someone else’s negligence in a pedestrian accident, it’s time to consult with an experienced Beverly Hills pedestrian accident attorney.
Keeping Yourself Safe Out There
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) confirms that pedestrian fatalities were up a full 13 percent in 2021, which helps to shine a light on exactly how dangerous pedestrian accidents are. Driver negligence takes far too many life-threatening forms that include all the following:
- Excess speed, which allows motorist less time to react safely to pedestrians in their midst and makes any ensuing accidents that much more dangerous
- Aggression, which leads to unpredictable and often-deadly driving
- Distraction, which puts pedestrians at extreme risk
- Exhaustion, which can lead to impairments that rival those experienced by drunk drivers
- Impairment, which has no safe place on our roads
- Failure to obey traffic signs, lights, or signals, which makes it extremely difficult for pedestrians to predict when it is safe to proceed
When drivers engage in any of the above practices, it puts pedestrians at even greater risk. You’re most vulnerable when you cross the street, which makes keeping your wits about you, crossing at marked crosswalks whenever possible, and double-checking for negligent drivers bearing down on you before stepping into the road always in your best interest.
An Experienced Beverly Hills Pedestrian Accident Attorney Is Here to Help
The compassionate Beverly Hills pedestrian accident attorneys at Jalilvand Law care about you and your claim and have the legal insight and skill to help. To learn more, please don’t put off contacting or calling us at 310.478.5800 today.