Common Injuries To Pedestrians
Pedestrians are a high-risk class of people when it comes to being injured. The most common injuries to pedestrians occur when a motor vehicle collides with them in some way. Because pedestrians have zero protection from crashes, they can suffer multiple traumatic injuries in one incident.
In a recent year, about 137,000 pedestrians sought medical care in emergency rooms nationwide following accidents. Some common injuries to pedestrians include:
- Lower body injuries – The hood of a car might collide with a pedestrian’s legs or knees, causing fractures, soft tissue damage, dislocations, and more.
- Spinal injury – If a pedestrian suffers back trauma, it can damage the spinal cord, potentially causing paralysis.
- Hip and pelvis injuries – Many pedestrians are knocked over by the force of a collision, and hitting the pavement can fracture their hip or pelvis.
- Arm injuries – If a pedestrian tries to brace themselves or catch themselves as they fall to the ground, they can suffer fractures to the wrists or arms.
- Traumatic brain injury – A TBI can happen if a pedestrian hits their head in the course of an accident. Even a seemingly slight hit to the head can result in serious brain damage.
If you feel anything out of the ordinary after an accident, call 911 and get the medical attention you need. Once your injuries are stable, seek the legal help you need next.
Learn How a Beverly Hills Pedestrian Accident Lawyer Can Help
If you’ve been involved in an accident as a pedestrian and are dealing with serious injuries, you need a skilled and experienced Beverly Hills pedestrian accident attorney to handle your case. At Jalilvand Law, we have the resources to help you recover the compensation you deserve for your serious injuries. Contact us online or by phone at 310.478.5800 – we are ready to help.