Teen Drivers Cause More Summer Crashes
If you know anything about teenagers, it likely comes as no surprise that teens, cars, and summer often spell trouble, and the statistics bear this out. If you or someone you love is injured by the negligence of a teen driver this summer, turn to an experienced Beverly Hills car accident attorney for the professional legal counsel you are looking for.
The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) reports on exactly how dangerous teen drivers – especially in the summer months – can be. Consider the following:
- Teenage motorists drive fewer miles than any other age group (other than the oldest drivers), but their crash rates (including their fatal crash rates) belie this fact.
- Teenagers (aged 16 to 19) experience a per-miles-driven fatal crash rate that is almost 3 times higher than drivers who are 20 and over.
- Those who are aged 16 to 17 present the most significant risk.
- In 2020, 2,738 teenagers lost their lives in traffic accidents, and this number is up 14 percent over 2019.
- In 2020, the fatality rate for teenage drivers was highest in the summer months (from June to August).
There is a wide range of developmental and situational reasons that teen drivers pose a greater threat on our roadways, and they are more likely to be behind the wheel in the summer months.
Reach Out to an Experienced Beverly Hills Car Accident Attorney for the Help You Need
The seasoned Beverly Hills car accident lawyers at Jalilvand Law have a wealth of experience skillfully handling challenging claims like yours. Our legal team is dedicated to zealously advocating for our clients’ rights and for their rightful compensation, and we’re here for you, too. Your claim is important, so please don’t wait to contact or call us at 310.478.5800 for more information today.