What to Do After a Truck Accident
Accidents are traumatic experiences that often leave people confused as to what to do, that is, assuming they have not been injured too seriously not to make a difference.
If you have been injured in a truck accident, you should immediately take steps to ensure your rights are protected if you are able to. The things you do or do not do immediately right after a truck accident may have a positive or negative impact on your case, but if you act quickly and do what is necessary, that will always be helpful in pursuing a personal injury case, if the facts support one.
Here are some of the things you should do immediately following a truck accident:
- Check the status of your passengers and others involved in the accident
- Dial 9-11 and report the accident.
- Seek out and exchange pertinent information with the truck driver such as their name, driver license number, vehicle description and license number, insurance, and contacts.
- Take photographs and video of the scene, capturing not just the damage to the vehicle but also the area around the accident scene to show conditions at the time of the accident
- Ask questions and get information and avoid saying anything else that may later be used against you and, of course, always be polite no matter how stressful the moment is
- Politely ask any witnesses present if they can at least provide you with their contact information.
- Even if you think you are okay and don’t think you need medication attention, some injuries are delayed in their symptoms, so it is critical that you seek medical attention regardless. The medical professionals who see you will offer further advice, but you must see one right away.
- Call a Beverly Hills truck accident attorney
Call a Beverly Hills Truck Accident Attorney
If you have been injured in a truck accident, we at Jalilvand Law can help you obtain the compensation you deserve. Contact us today for a free consultation.