15-Passenger Van Rollovers
15-passenger vans are closely associated with rollover accidents, and the results are often deadly. These cumbersome vehicles require careful driving, and driver inexperience or negligence is often the root cause of ensuing accidents. If you’ve been injured by someone else’s negligence in a 15-passenger van rollover, you need an experienced Beverly Hills van accident attorney in your corner.
Considering the Statistics
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) reports that 15-passenger vans are commonly used by daycare centers, sports teams, youth groups, carpools, and more – and that these vehicles are growing in popularity. These large vans, however, can be challenging to drive, and rollover rates are elevated (the rate rises as the number of passengers increases). Consider the following sobering statistics:
- From 2010 to 2019, 235 occupants of 15-passenger vans lost their lives in rollover accidents.
- Of these fatalities, 57 percent were ejected from the vans in question.
Nearly 70 percent of the above fatalities were occupants identified as not wearing seat belts.
Staying Safe Out There
NHTSA shares that the surest way to help avoid fatal 15-passenger van rollovers is by ensuring all the following:
- The driver has considerable experience.
- The driver remains focused (and distraction-free).
- The driver adheres to the speed limit and adjusts the van’s speed downward in response to adverse driving conditions.
- The driver safely accounts for the van’s longer stopping distances and blind spots.
- The driver ensures that all the van’s passengers are belted in at all times.
- The van’s tires are inspected and are checked for their pressure prior to every outing.
Speak to an Experienced Beverly Hills Van Accident Attorney Today
At Jalilvand Law in Beverly Hills, our dedicated van accident lawyers have reserves of experience guiding cases like yours toward advantageous outcomes, and we’re here for you, too. Learn more by contacting or calling us at 310.478.5800 today.