Why Drowsy Drivers Are Dangerous Drivers
You recognize that motorists who speed, drive drunk, or text behind the wheel are dangerous drivers, but you may not recognize exactly how dangerous drowsy drivers are. If you or someone you love has been injured by a drowsy driver, don’t wait to consult with an experienced Beverly Hills car accident attorney.
The Dangers of Drowsy Driving
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) reports that all the following apply to drivers who are impaired by too little sleep:
- They have trouble paying adequate attention to the road.
- Their reaction times are slowed.
- Their ability to make safe decisions is affected.
The related statistics bear out exactly how dangerous and prevalent exhaustion behind the wheel is. Consider the following:
- It’s estimated that, in a recent year, drowsy driving was responsible for causing 91,000 car accidents that resulted in 50,000 injuries and almost 800 fatalities.
- About 1 in 25 adult motorists report falling asleep behind the wheel in the 30 days prior.
To make matters that much more frightening, CDC finds that drowsy driving statistics are significantly underestimated due to the challenges associated with pinpointing this form of driver negligence.
Those Most Susceptible
While anyone can drive while dangerously drowsy, those who are most susceptible include:
- Shift workers
- Professional drivers who spend long hours behind the wheel
- Those with sleep disorders that go undiagnosed and untreated
- Those who take medications that can induce sleep
- Anyone who simply doesn’t get enough sleep
It’s Time to Consult with an Experienced Beverly Hills Car Accident Attorney
The practiced Beverly Hills car accident attorneys at Jalilvand Law take great pride in their proven ability to help clients like you obtain the compensation to which they are entitled and that they need to fully recover. Learn more by reaching out and contacting or calling us at 310.478.5800 today.