Delivery Trucks Can Hit Pedestrians
Delivery trucks perform an essential role in our modern economy. Unfortunately, they can also hit and severely injure pedestrians. It’s no wonder that large trucks cause thousands of pedestrian deaths annually. Large trucks account for about 15% of all truck accident fatalities. In many cases, victims and surviving family members are entitled to compensation for their losses after a pedestrian accident involving a delivery truck.
Who Bears Liability When Commercial Trucks Hit Pedestrians?
When delivery trucks hit pedestrians, a number of parties could potentially be liable for victims’ losses, including:
- The driver
- The company responsible for the operation of the vehicle
- The manufacturer of the delivery truck
- The owner of the cargo in the truck
- Other motorists
- The party or agency responsible for the maintenance of the street where the accident took place
What Should You Do After a Delivery Truck Accident?
There are certain steps you should take after an accident caused by a delivery truck. Some of the most important include:
- Ensure that you aren’t severely injured.
- Seek immediate medical attention
- If you can, take photos of the scene of the accident and your injuries
- Notify the police and get a copy of the report.
- Contact a truck accident attorney immediately.
Remember, you should call a lawyer as soon as you can. Waiting to start your claim could cause significant harm to your case.
Talk to a Beverly Hills Truck Accident Lawyer Now
If you have been injured in an accident involving a delivery truck, you should speak to an attorney as soon as you can. At Jalilvand Law, we are committed to helping victims like you recover the compensation you deserve under California law. We will review your delivery truck accident case for free and will only collect legal fees if we win your case. To schedule your free case evaluation, call our office today or send us an email through our online contact form.