Drunk Driving with Commercial Trucks.
Drunk driving is a significant problem throughout California and the rest of the country, and some commercial truck drivers engage in impaired driving despite strict regulations and steep penalties. People who are injured by drunk truckers are usually able to recover compensation for their injuries and other losses. If you have been involved in an accident with a drunk trucker, you should call a Beverly Hills truck accident attorney as soon as you can.
How Alcohol Impairs a Truck Driver
Drinking can have a significant impact on a driver’s ability to operate their truck. For example:
- It slows their reaction times
- Alcohol impairs drivers’ judgment and decision-making power
- It compromises a driver’s vehicle control
- Alcohol blurs and alters drivers’ vision
- It can result in poor judgment
How to Detect a Drunk Truck Driver
Unfortunately, drunk driving is likely to continue regardless of changes to the law or stiffer penalties. As a result, the best you can do as a driver is to learn how to spot drunk drivers and get away from them as quickly as possible. Some signs of drunk driving include:
- Dangerous speeding
- Rapid deceleration
- Erratic braking
- Drifting in an out of lanes
- Delayed reaction times
What to Do After an Accident Involving a Drunk Truck Driver
So, what should you do if a drunk truck driver hits you? Here are a few steps you should take to protect your rights:
- Ensure you and any passengers are safe.
- Call the police immediately and file a report.
- Seek immediate medical attention.
- Contact a Beverly Hills truck accident attorney to start legal proceedings.
Contact a Beverly Hills Truck Accident Attorney Now
Has a drunk truck driver hit you? Seek justice for your damages by consulting an experienced truck accident lawyer. Call our office today for a free consultation and case evaluation.