Is Your Car Accident Witness Credible?
An eyewitness to your car accident can play a very important role in how your claim is resolved, which means they can be very important to your recovery. Whether or not your eyewitness is credible – or believable – is obviously an important factor, and an experienced Beverly Hills car accident attorney has the skill and legal insight to ensure that you bring your strongest claim, which often includes having credible eyewitnesses who support your position.
What Makes an Eyewitness Credible
You have been injured by another driver’s negligence – such as excess speed, distraction, or impairment – and in order to prove this, you’re going to need evidence. An eyewitness can be a compelling form of evidence, but in order for your eyewitness to be considered credible, the following must apply:
- The eyewitness saw the entire accident – not just a portion of it or the end result.
- The eyewitness was not distracted by anything else at the time.
- The eyewitness can recall details that are in keeping with the specifics of the accident.
- The eyewitness’s account of what happened does not change over time.
- The eyewitness is a neutral third party who does not know you. The more distance there is between you and the eyewitness, the more credibility their testimony will likely be assigned.
- The eyewitness was not part of the accident, which would make them a victim rather than an eyewitness.
- The eyewitness doesn’t have a criminal record or a history of memory loss, lying, conflating the truth, abusing alcohol or drugs, or anything else that might impeach their credibility.
Reach Out to an Experienced Beverly Hills Car Accident Attorney Today
The capable Beverly Hills car accident attorneys at Jalilvand Law focus their practice on skillfully guiding claims like yours toward optimal outcomes, so please don’t wait to contact or call us at 310.478.5800 for more information today.