Road Construction: Staying Safe out There
There is no denying that California sees its fair share of road construction, and driving through road construction leaves you at greater risk of being injured in an accident – especially when negligent motorists are in your midst. Fortunately, there are some things you can do to help you handle road construction more safely, and if you are injured by another driver’s negligence in the process, an experienced Beverly Hills car accident attorney can help.
As you head into road construction, keep all of the following safety tips in mind:
- Remain alert to your surroundings. Road construction involves a lot of moving parts, and you should expect the unexpected.
- Strictly follow the posted speed limit, and if you need to decrease your speed further for safety’s sake, do so.
- Be alert to and carefully follow all posted signs and directions, including the orange cones and barrels that are designed to direct traffic flow and any flaggers on the scene.
- Never pass another vehicle in road construction. You can pass a slower driver after you have made your way safely through the construction zone.
- Put away your distractions. It’s never safe to hang on your phone when you’re behind the wheel, and doing so in road construction is still more dangerous.
- Anticipate what other drivers are likely to do by carefully watching for brake lights and blinkers ahead of you.
Discuss Your Claim with an Experienced Beverly Hills Car Accident Attorney Today
At Jalilvand Law in Beverly Hills, our dedicated car accident lawyers are committed to skillfully advocating for the fair compensation that every client is entitled to, and we’re here for you too. Your recovery will hinge on your ability to fully recover for your losses, so please don’t delay contacting or calling us at 310.478.5800 for more information today.