Truck Accident Statistics
It probably comes as no surprise that the immense size of the semis that we share our roads with ensures that truck accidents are among the deadliest traffic accidents out there. There is a wide range of statistics that back this claim up and that can help you better understand the risks associated with truck accidents. If you’ve been injured by a trucker’s negligence, seek the legal guidance of an experienced Beverly Hills truck accident attorney.
According to the National Safety Council (NSC), all the following statistics apply to truck accidents in the United States:
- In 2020 alone, there were 4,842 fatal truck accidents, which is a 33 percent increase over 2011 and which led to 4,965 deaths.
- The accident involvement rate for trucks per 100 million miles traveled has been up 18 percent since 2011.
- In 2020, trucks accounted for 10 percent of all vehicle miles traveled, for 4 percent of all registered vehicles, and for 9 percent of all vehicles involved in fatal accidents.
- In 2020, 107,000 trucks were involved in injury-causing accidents.
- In 2020, 71 percent of the fatalities and 68 percent of the injuries caused by truck accidents involved the occupants of other vehicles.
Truck accidents are on the rise, and they are especially dangerous for those of us who are not truck drivers.
It’s Time to Consult with an Experienced Beverly Hills Truck Accident Attorney
The trusted Beverly Hills truck accident attorneys at Jalilvand Law are standing by to help you successfully navigate the challenging path forward toward obtaining just compensation that covers your physical, financial, and emotional losses in their entirety. We’re here for you, so please don’t wait to contact or call us at 310.478.5800 for more information about how we can help you today.